Sunday, June 9, 2019

Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge 2019

So, in my reading resolutions, I said no more reading challenges but I really can't resist trying one.
This year's Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge is really pared down a lot from last year so it should be quite doable although they aren't particularly summery this time.

So my plan is to read what I have to read for book club and see if anything fits and then when I have free time, try to choose some books I already have on my TBR or my shelf that might fit some of the challenges.

I already have some ideas for some of the challenges:

The book is better:   Artemis Fowl is coming out as a movie in August.

Past Love:  Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats on which the musical CATS is based.  I loved this as a kid and have seen the musical several times.  It will also be a movie coming out in December so it fits the above challenge and it would also fit Wheel of Format since it is a book of poetry.

It Takes Two & Actually Want to Read:  Illuminae by Annie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff has been on my TBR since 08/03/18.

In the Friend zone:  I just received a copy of Sarah Dessen's newest book The Rest of the Story from a friend and since it is YA contemporary, it should be a perfect summer read.

Stay Awhile - I just downloaded The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss from audible and I will be listening to it during my daily walks. The actual book has 994 pages ; the audio is 42 hours. 53 minutes.

Not from Around Here; The Storyteller's Secret (currently reading) primarily takes place in India and therefore has a lot of Indian culture (mythology, customs, celebrations).

How can I not participate when I already have such a great start!  Go to Goodreads to download a printable PDF copy of the challenges and join the fun


No comments:

Post a Comment