Saturday, March 9, 2019

Spring Reading Resolutions 2019

March has come roaring in and Spring is around the corner (probably) and all the resolutions made on January 1 have fallen by the wayside.   A few months of hunkering down against the cold and dark have given me ample time to reflect on my 2018 reading year, what worked and what didn't.  Now the evenings are getting lighter and the clocks are moving forward this weekend and I am ready to set new bookish goals.

Goal 1
READ THE BOOKS I ALREADY OWN
I am not great at this because it is easy to put off the books I own and the library has so many that I don't own.   I also added to the ebook collection thanks to BookBub bargains and Amazon Prime First Reads free books and reading for book clubs.

Goal 2
READATHONS INSTEAD OF SEASONAL CHALLENGES
The seasonal challenges require too much of a commitment to a TBR list.  For Readathons, even reading one book is participation and I will still get those seasonal reading vibes.

Goal 3 
READ MORE INDY AUTHORS
I am currently reading a book by an Indy author that I found on Booktube and have plans to read the work of two more.   The local used book store has a table to showcase local Indy authors and I picked up several promising selections in January so I would like to make that regular feature.

Goal 4
BOOK BOX REDUX
Last January I signed up for the quarterly book books from Page Habit.  I didn't get my first box until June and then I never go another and by September they were out of business.  I am very sorry because the books they provided were annotated by the authors which is very special unique feature that no other book box offers.  After researching more book boxes,  I have signed up with Illumincrate, a quarterly subscription box from the UK and I have already received the first box.  Stay tuned for my review of the contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment